Re: Pack200 & Content Negotiation

Hmm....

I used to try to do something via Apache for this, but I gave up a long time ago and started handling this via a Java servlet filter and directing *.jar requests to the servlet engine.  This also allows me to set jar version information in the response headers in the same servlet.

Of course, I end up using this sort of approach much of the time as (1) I have to support other web servers than just Apache and (2) writing a servlet filter is far easier than attempting to write an Apache module (we don't deploy modules for Perl, PHP, etc -- and the Java servlet API is far easier for me to deal with than Perl, PHP, etc, anyway).

--
Jess Holle