Re: tool for viewing http headers send by browser

On 19.10.2010 17:45, Tom Evans wrote:
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Harald Falkenberg
<harald.falkenberg@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi,

does somebody know how to view all detailed http headers send by a browser
via apache server itself or another tool? For firefox I found an add-on. But
I need something which I can run out-side a browser and what is not
restricted/related to a certain type of browser.

Any help/hint is welcome!

It is likely not a big help right now: the recent trunk code has a much better logging implementation, that allows more fine grained debug log output and a log configuration individual for each module etc. One of the nice things added on top is being able to log request headers.

Trunk is currently released as 2.3.8 alpha and we hope to be not to far away from releasing a 2.4.0. You might want to experiment with the latest and greatest:

http://httpd.apache.org/#2.3.8-alpha

but be aware, that it doesn't yet have stable production status. Since logging was again improved since 2.3.8, you might want to wait for 2.3.9 which is hopefully only about 2 to 3 weeks away.

Regards,

Rainer