Re: Multiple authentication backend... how?

> The module loading order in httpd.conf is:
>
> LoadModule authnz_ldap_module libexec/apache22/mod_authnz_ldap.so
> LoadModule auth_kerb_module   libexec/apache22/mod_auth_kerb.so
>
> So mod_authnz_ldap has a lower priority than mod_auth_kerb

That's not really the operative priority or sequencing mechanism.

> If I am to use Kerberos it works fine, and if I change AuthType
> Kerberos into AuthType Basic ; then login using the ldap user
> credentials is fine...

It's not just "backends" you're switching, you're also switching the
frontend protocol and the AuthType.

If you don't have AuthType basic, HTTP basic authentication doesn't
happen, so basic auth providers like LDAP are not called.

There's no support for trying multiple AuthTypes, and since both of
yours want to be explicitly turned on with "AuthType" to do anything
the fact that the enabled one returns DECLINED doesn't help much.

It should be clear from the error log which ones are running at any
given point, you can't trace it so well without a debugger

--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx