Re: issue with 2.2.16 on windows (mod_dav, inexact content-length)

On 9/20/2010 9:58 PM, Nick Kew wrote:

> On 21 Sep 2010, at 01:16, Lucas Cornelisse wrote:
>
>> What we are doing:
>>
>> Our application (media server) is doing a live audio recording over dav, by sending a PUT with a Content-Length:
>>
>> 864000000. Note that we do not know in advance how long the recording is, and we certainly are not sending 864000000 bytes.
>
> Then your application is broken, and can't expect defined behaviour from the server.
> Can't help with the difference in server versions, but I wouldn't be surprised if
> you've overlooked some difference other than just server version.
>
> Chunked encoding exists precisely to support situations where you don't know a
> content length in advance.  Use it!

Of course, they have no control over this stupidity.

It is a violation of the RFC, for which the only reasonable course of action would
be to inject mod_proxy_connect and stop being an http proxy.  You'll have to find
someone happy enough with  Microsoft's protocol abuse to develop such a patch.