Re: mod_jk balancing two balancer lists?

On 14.09.2010 16:29, nino martinez wael wrote:
Hi

Im not sure if this is the correct user list. But here goes.

I have to separate sites, with 3 servers on each site. On site A I'd
like to have a balancer which goes through server A1,A2 and A3 and if
A1,A2,A3 were down it would go cross site to B1,B2 and B3..

What we have configured now are if A1's down then the balancer goes to B1 etc..

Is it possible todo what I want and if so, do you have some hints or
links on howto do it?

I suggest using the "distance" attribute for the workers. If Apache is at site A, put distance for workers A1, A2 and A3 in the LB to "0", and for B1, B2 and B3 to "1". At site B you switch and set distance of teh A workers to "1" and of the B workers to "0".

If a request comes in, that has a session and you do stick ybalancing, then the request will always go to the correct node. If a request doesn't carry a session id, it will be balanced. If the workers in the balancer have different distances, the workers with lowest distance will betried first, and only after they all failed, the next higher distance wil be tried.

In case there's more questions: the right list to discuss mod_jk is the Tomcat users mailing list.

To subscribe, send mail to

   users-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards,

Rainer