HTTP/1.1 417 Expectation Failed
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:30:23 GMT

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head>
<title>417 Expectation Failed</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Expectation Failed</h1>
met by this server.
The client sent<pre>
    Expect: 100-continue
</pre>
<address>Apache Server at foofoo.barbar.com Port 80</address>

My confusion is that Apache is saying it only supports "100-continue",
and yet that is exactly what the client sent.  Can anyone clear this up?

Next, I tried to use mod_headers to "unset" the "Expect" RequestHeader
value.  It is successfully unsetting the value, but leaving it blank,
and then Apache complains about a blank "Expect" request.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can either fix, remove, or get
around this "Expect 100-continue" issue?  I can't have development
modify all of their code, and am pretty sure I can just nuke the
"Expect" value in the headers, if I could get that to work...

Thanks for any advice.
Scott