Re: Apache 2.2.15 says You do not have permission to view [this file]

On 29/07/2010 8:35 PM, James Godrej wrote:
This I understand.
But then do other users  not need read write permissions.
There is hardly any thing given on this page
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/misc/security_tips.html#serverroot
You mentioned ServerRoot not be chowned to Apache.
But if not then to what should it be and there is nothing about Document Root to
be chowned ?
Who should own the Document Root there are many applications I download from
internet in their README pages it says

to chown those directories to apache.
Otherwise it never worked.
What should I do in this situation?