Re: what threads and processes apache needs to run

On 2010-07-24 15:41, Tapas Mishra wrote:

(Your question below seem a bit misplaced here on the *users* list. The
development list might be a better place for it.)

>  I want to know what threads and processes apache needs to run
> from Unix servers.

I don't understand this question. Are you asking wether Apache needs
certain services running? Or what thread and process control functions
the OS must support? Or something else?

> If I want to run Apache on a Cell phone then what
> things my OS needs to be able to be running.

What phone are you thinking of? And why are you asking about Apache
httpd's needs on Unix servers above? Most cell phones do not run Unix,
and are not at all similar to a Unix server.

While it's certainly possible to run Apache on some cell phones, it
might not be the best choice unless it's allready been ported.

Apache (and mod_python) is available for some Nokia phones (I've tested
it on Nokia N95), and I guess it shouldn't be too much work to get it
running on a N900 wich uses Maemo (a Linux distribution). It's probably
available for other phones as well.

If it's not allready available I'd consider porting a more lightweight
and simple HTTP server instead. A really basic HTTP server is a pretty
simple and straightforward piece of software, so if that's all you need
it might actually be easier to write your own rather than port an
advanced server (depending on the platform you're targeting).

/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman
Fruktträdet & Förbundet Sveriges Dövblinda