Re: how to disable default site from being served in apache2

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In this setup you have assumed server name default.
> In case I want a request when does not match any of the ServerNames
> I need to have a server name which is generating a redirect to an
> index page which asks user to enter correct URL
> do you mean this by above.

'ServerName default' is a reminder that this is the default vhost, its
not listing all the server names it will respond to.

Any request with Host: default will go to the first vhost
Any request with Host: foobar will go to the vhost that has ServerName
foobar, unless there is none with that name, in which case it will go
to the first vhost.

Once again, this is discussed in the docs. Read the docs:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/details.html

Tom