Re: Refresh issue displaying first page of PDF?

Lee Fisher wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am running apache HTTPD 2.2.14 on CentOS.
We have recently encountered an issue displaying some pdfs served by apache.
The first page will show up, but the text and content will not be visible.
If I scroll to page 2, the information will be visible and then scrolling
back up shows the pdf as normal.  We can't figure out what is going on with
these pdfs.

I suspect it's an Adobe Reader plugin issue more than an httpd issue. I have seen it on a few sites when loading pdfs in the plugin.

As you know, it doesn't impact the content directly, only the viewing of it. I have seen it where an 87 page pdf only had 1 page in the plugin, and nothing visible on the page. :\

I think all you can do until Adobe fixes the plugin is to put a message on the site letting visitors know it may happen and how to be able to access the contents. [ save it to disk then open it in the full reader app usually best option. ]