Re: mod_proxy: ProxyPass max parameter has no effect

Hmmmm I had to read the documentation again my self and I can't find any mention of what type of MPM is supported in this case. All it says is "Apache will never create more than the Hard Maximum connections to the backend server" so it makes me expect that max parameter should be in force no matter what MPM is in use. But having in mind Eric's comment looks like this is not communicated across different processes and since every thread is a new process in MPM prefork the max setting will fail.

What version of apache do you use? If it is apache2 would it be too much trouble for you to recompile with MPM worker instead prefork?

Cheers,
Igor

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Alessandro Vernet <avernet@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Igor,

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Igor Cicimov <icicimov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Shouldnt it be smax instead max?

From the documentation, I gather that the default value of smax is
max, so just setting max should be safe. Just in case, I tried setting
smax, and it doesn't make a difference. Both max and smax seem to have
no effect with prefork MPM.

Does this mean that max/smax can't be used with prefork MPM? If that
is the case, is there any other way to do this in prefork MPM?

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web forms, open-source, for the Enterprise -
http://www.orbeon.com/