Re: setting up a reverse proxy for sakai

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a working instance of sakai on one of our clusters.Sakai can be read here
> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Install+Guide+-+Binary+Install+(2.7)
>

> We would like the user to be able to reach it via Apache Reverse proxy
>
>  ProxyPass /sakai http://192.1681.5:9090/portal
>        ProxyPassReverse /sakai http://192.1681.5:9090/portal
>

> But when any one tries to reach the page from internet
> http://mydomain.com/sakai they are not able to reach the CSS,Java
> scripts ,images correctly.
>
> which should not happen and be taken care by the reverse proxy

Your application is generating URLs like this:

GET /library/skin/default/portal.css
GET /portal/styles/portalstyles.css
GET /library/js/jquery.js

mod_proxy does not rewrite HTML, only a few specific headers, so your
application must generate the correct URLs, eg
/'sakai/styles/portalstyles.css'. Configure your application
correctly.

Cheers

Tom