Re: rewrite rule tutorial on ask apache I could not understand syntax

Hi,Tom and Rich thanks for your links.Can you provide any more link as
what exactly can I do more with Apache.
I have hosted websites and know some bit of reverse proxy etc.
>From this discussion I got curiosity to understand the hooking process
of apache.Can you provide me some links which you feel can be of help
to me,
and what more can I do with Apache.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jun 15, 2010, at 8:42 AM, Tapas Mishra wrote:
>

>> http://http://www.askapache.com/htaccess/crazy-advanced-mod_rewrite-tutorial.html
>>
>> is a link to a tutorial which mentions following use of ReWriteRule is
>> wrong.
>
> Anything found on askapache.com should be taken with a great deal of
> skepticism. His site is full of things which are either completely wrong,
> or, at best, recommend bad practices. It's doubly frustrating because he's
> actively resisted correction, insisting that he's right when he's not, and
> perpetuating awful practices years after they have been demonstrated to be a
> bad idea. There was a time when it seemed feasible that he'd come around to
> better ideas, but he seems more interested in insisting that he's right than
> actually *being* right.
>
> --
> Rich Bowen
> rbowen@xxxxxxxxxxx