Re: Configuring apache to use LDAP over SSL on PHP

Thank you for your help, I wen't a bit deeper with my problèm

Here is what I did:
On my openLDAP server :
slapd.conf:
#cert requested for the ldapserver
TLSCertificateFile      ./ssl2/srvLDAP.cer
TLSCertificateKeyFile   ./ssl2/srvLDAP.key
#CA cert
TLSCACertificateFile    ./ssl2/cacert.cer
TLSVerifyClient         never

ldap.conf:

TLS_CACERT      ./ssl2/cacert.cer
TLS_REQCERT     never

then,on the apache server, i created a folder C:\openldap\sysconf and inside this folder a file ldap.conf:

TLS_CACERT ./ssl/cacert.cer
TLS_REQCERT     never

It does WORK BUT it doesn't verify the certificate. I need now to make it work with the certificate,

I know I have to change TLS_CACERT ./ssl/cacert.cer never to TLS_CACERT ./ssl/cacert.cer demand

But I think I also need to specify the certificate (and the key), I created for my apache server...

But how ?

I just want to make clear that I don't wan't to do LDAP authentification with an apache folder but just do LDAPS with PHP.

I thank you in advance.

2010/6/10 Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Jérémy ESCOLANO
<jeremyescolano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Actually this is about configuring Apache server to allow it to communicate
> with LDAP server, that is why i'm asking here, but of course I'll try to get
> so help on PHP list.
> Though, I heard about a ldaprc and ldap.conf file for apache? somebody can
> give me informations about these files ? (what are they used for, and in
> which folder do we have to put them ?(on windows server)
> Thanks

.ldaprc is a per-user configuration file for using configuring the
tools of openldap. It should be in your home directory.
ldap.conf is a per-system configuration file for doing the same thing
as .ldaprc. On Unix, it is installed in $PREFIX/etc/openldap/ldap.conf
.
Both these files can be used to supply configuration settings for
connecting to an LDAP server.

You never mention it is for apache to communicate with LDAP, you
showed us your slapd.conf, some PHP code and an error from your PHP
code.

If you want to do apache authentication with LDAP, then you had better
say so, say what you've tried, and provide the  appropriate error
messages apache gives you.

Cheers

Tom