Reverse proxy with Apache breaks my preferred charset

Hi all:

I'm running Apache 2.2.15 in a CentOS Linux 5 OS configured as a
reverse proxy using mod_proxy, mod_proxy_html, mod_xml2enc and
mod_charset_lite. My configuration is as follows:

ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass / http://192.168.140.249/
ProxyHTMLEnable On
ProxyHTMLURLMap On
ProxyHTMLURLMap http://192.168.140.249 /
ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.140.249/
RequestHeader unset  Accept-Encoding
CharsetDefault ISO-8859-1
CharsetSourceEnc ISO-8859-1
CharsetOptions  ImplicitAdd

192.168.140.249 is the IP address of my internal Web server with is
using ISO-8859-1 as default charset. When accesing the Apache reverse
proxy server the Website (behing my proxy apache) loads OK, every URL
is loaded correctly but... special characters (tildes, ñ, and other
typical of non-english languages.. like spanish) are displayed as
strange characters. I can understand that this happens because of the
use of the default charset.
Reading on Internet I found that mod_proxy resets the default charset
to UTF-8, but I also read that using mod_charset_lite could solve this
but it isn't (using CharsetDefault, CharsetSourceEnc and
CharsetOptions).

Does anybody has a similar scenario that has solved this issue before?
I hope someone can point me to a solution.

Thanks