Re: Hangs on network hickup

> > Unless you have a support subscription for that product, build the
> > latest httpd and php yourself from source.  (Yeah, you'll probably
> > need to build some add'l support libraries too, but OTOH it is just
> > matter of time until you get tired of 2.2.11 and 5.2.9-ish.

I believe that we do have a subscription, but considering how the
product seems rather deadish, it doesn't really matter..

>  (There's
> > also sunfreeware.com to consider, but I haven't checked available
> > versions lately.)

They do offer the latest and best of everything. Of course.

My only trouble is that I'm gonna have to make a decision, develop it,
document it (again), roll it out (everywhere) and train everybody (again).
</whine>

> Okay, I'm blind, and stupid to boot for not double checking in a more
> definitive manner
>
> >root@atvt1uajas001:~# truss -f -p 26794
> >26794:  fcntl(54, F_SETLKW64, 0xFF1E17C0) (sleeping...)
>
> This is consistent with, but not sufficient to be certain of, the
> problem I alluded to.  You'd need to look at the truss of child
> processes not blocked in this call to be reasonably certain.

I only trussed a couple of children, and they all (three or so) showed
the above pattern. The parent was, of course, in a wait() loop.

--
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 699 122 96 338
Fax: +43(0) 1 91 333 41