Running a fastCGI app as a specific user:group

Hello,

Ubuntu 9.04
Apache Apache/2.2.11

Sorry if this is long.. trying to give a little
accurate background before I ask the question...

I want to get a fastCGI app running as a
specific user:group.

I've set up a (Local) Name Based virtual host that has these
characteristics:

-------
<VirtualHost *.80>
        ServerName fastcgitest.com
        ServerAlias www.fastcgitest.com
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        DocumentRoot /home/fastcgitest/www
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/fastcgitest/cgi-bin/
        <Directory /home/fastcgitest/www>
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride All
        </Directory>
        <Directory /home/fastcgitest/cgi-bin>
                Options +ExecCGI
                SetHandler fcgi-script
        </Directory>
 [snip]
</VirtualHost>
--------

Everything from /home/fastcgitest
and down has a user:group of fastcgitest:fastcgitest

I've put my fastCGI app inside the /home/fastcgitest/cgi-bin/
directory.

Then, I have a .htaccess file in the /home/fastcgitest/www
directory as so:

--------
<IfModule mime_module>
AddType text/html .dono
</IfModule>

Options +ExecCGI
AddHandler fcgid-script .dono

FCGIWrapper /home/fastcgitest/cgi-bin/WebCatalogEngine/WebDNA.fcgi .dono
--------

I've also setup the DNS in my LAN.

O.K., so when I access my test file through a browser:
http://fastcgitest.com/test.dono

It parses just fine other than the WebDNA.fcgi cannot write to the directories owned by the unique user for that virtual host (fastcgitest:fastcgitest)... which is something I need it to do.

I realized that it's because WebDNA.fcgi is still running as 'www-data'
(which is the default user for apache on Ubuntu), even though the
executable is owned:grouped by fastcgitest:fastcgitest

So, finally I come to the question:

How do I get my WebDNA.fcgi app to run as user:group fastcgitest:fastcgitest?

Thanks!

Donovan

--
D Brooke