Re: httpd to get process list

On 05/27/2010 12:42 PM, James Corteciano wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a nagios server to monitor the remote apache server and
> automatically restarting the service if it is detected unreachable.
> Now, in times of apache down, I just want to get the processes list or
> any means that could help during diagnostic operation. Can anyone
> recommend any good apps or maybe script for this type of scenario?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> James

This is not a direct solution of your issue but I may be permitted to
say that monit is more reliable in this scenario than nagios. I use
both; nagios to monitor and monit to take action. Some times due to net
problem nagios also send non reachable signal but monit runs on the same
server and do its job perfectly well.

You can include a script in the start section of your
/etc/init.d/apache2 script which will email you the present process list
just before starting apache. Hence when monit restarts apache, you will
also get that email.

Thanks

--
জয়দীপ বক্সী