Re: Problems uploading files to Apache HTTP server using Internet Explorer 6

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Baljeet Nijjhar
<baljeet.nijjhar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Experiencing a frustrating issue with functionality that seemed to work ok
> earlier. I upload a file from IE6 to the server, and I frequently get 'The
> page cannot be displayed' immediately appearing in the browser (no response
> is received). The next time I try the same request, it ends up timing out
> and then displaying an HTTP 500 response. At the moment of timeout, I can
> see the request appear in the access_log/ssl_request_log on the HTTP server,
> with a response code which looks like 20014 rather than 200.
>
> At other times, the file upload may work fine. I have tried it a few times
> with IE7 and there doesn't seem to be an issue. The requests are over SSL,
> and I am wondering whether it is something to do with IE6 being an old
> browser and not managing its connections very well? I.e. is this why we need
> to configure ssl-unclean-shutdown nokeepalive for IE browsers in the
> ssl.conf file?
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.

You have the answer to your question itself. If the thing works on IE
7 and not on IE 6, its 100% due to the weird bugs in IE 6. I don't
know the fixes to it, wait for some others to answer. I suggest you
stop supporting IE 6 now.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Facebook: nilesh.gr