From: Tapas Mishra [mailto:mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2010 9:17 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Struggle with Named Virtual Host - The Second Named Virtual HostAlways Returns 404 File Not Found Error

> NameVirtualHost 134.51.151.114:80
> <VirtualHost 134.51.151.114:80>
> ServerName devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com:80
ServerName is where apache2 listens to so do not add :80 It will respond to this ServerName when a request comes on 134.51.151.114 for devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com Otherwise you access the site as debrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com:80
> DocumentRoot /usr/brass/www
> ServerAdmin mary.y.wang@xxxxxxxxxx
> ErrorLog logs/error_log
You can have some more meaningful name devbrass2_error_log (This is not related to your problem)
> CustomLog logs/access_log combined
Here also devbrass2_access_log
> LogLevel debug
> </VirtualHost>
> <VirtualHost 134.51.151.114:80>
> ServerName download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com:80
Similarly here.
> DocumentRoot /home/project/tsim/htdocs ServerAdmin
> mary.y.wang@xxxxxxxxxx ErrorLog logs/error_log
Similarly download-devbrass2_error_log
> CustomLog logs/access_log combined
Here also download-devbrass2_access_log
> LogLevel debug
> </VirtualHost>
>
> When I try to access download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com, I got this
> error  "Not Found
>
> The requested URL / was not found on this server.

> Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
> use an ErrorDocument to handle the request" .
> /home/project/tsim/htdocs/index.html
> does exist in that directory.  When I put this "DocumentRoot
> /home/project/tsim/htdocs" for devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com, it
> returned the index.html with no problem at all.  That was why made the
> conclusion, my virtual host containers configuration only works for
> the 1st virtual host container (the default host).
>
> Both devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com and
> download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com
> have been registered as a DNS (download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com
> is registered as an alias to devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com).
>
> Here is the returned status form apachectl -S:
>
> apachectl -S
> /usr/sbin/apachectl: line 33: LD_ASSUME_KERNEL: command not found
> VirtualHost configuration:
> 134.51.151.114:80      is a NameVirtualHost
>          default server devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com
> (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:272)
>          port 80 namevhost devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com
> (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:272)
>          port 80 namevhost download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com
> (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:285)
> Syntax OK
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mary