Re: Redirecting / to non slash

Ahh.  I didn't read it correctly.
What result is desired when "/foo" is going to be served?
Do you want a directory listing, a default page, or is "/foo" a default page without an extension?
Maybe that would help me understand the end goal because a directory still has to have a default page of some sort.

But as stated previously by Tom Evans, the answer may not help your search engine goal.

Regards,
Kevin Castellow

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com> wrote:
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Kevin Castellow
<kev.castellow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would take a look at this module:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dir.html
>
> Depending on how you built your Apache it should be there by default if you
> used the "all" option for modules.
>
> It should do exactly what you are looking for.
>
> Regards,
> Kevin Castellow
> http://kevincastellow.workintel.com

Thats the opposite of what he requested - he wants '/foo/' to be
redirected to '/foo' and serve as if it was '/foo/'. mod_dir would
redirect '/foo' to '/foo/' and serve '/foo/'.

> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Nilesh Govindarajan <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> For SEO reasons, I'd like to redirect /page/ to /page, how to ?

Is '/page/' a directory? If so, I don't think you will be able to do
this with apache. It may be possible with redirects, but it just seems
a little OTT to do this because some snake oil merchant has told you
this will boost your page rank on google.

Cheers

Tom