Re: SA punycode in apache2

On 5/9/2010 7:38 AM, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> since some days there are puncodes available for three arabic TLDs and I
> like to now, what must I do that  if  I  type  for  example  the  domain
> "تامايدوجان.سى" <tamay-dogan.sa> that it stay like  this  and  does  not
> change back to this crappy looking punicode domain.

I believe this is entirely under the wisdom of your browser, since httpd does
nothing to influence the display of the URL bar.  It wouldn't be added, because
the allowing the servers to obscuficate the URL bar would be a huge security
issue with website impersonation.

You might try the firefox browser development lists, or search their bugzilla
database for further commentary and future development plans.