Re: Httpd Configuration Clarification

Thanks Igor for your support.
I just could not follow this :
      i.galic@prvix ~ % alias uncomment
      uncomment='sed "/^\s*#/d;/^\s*$/d"'
      i.galic@prvix ~ %

Can you just explain me what is it  and where do I provide these ?

Thanks,
Anisha

2010/4/29 Igor Galić <i.galic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

----- "Anisha Parveen" <anishaparveen2202@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problem with my configuration. Problem basically is that
> I am able to access the WebServices URL Say
> https://hostname:443/cns/ser/CTConfigService through the browser.
>
> However, the script running on the machine checks an url
> https://localhost:443/cns/ser/CTConfigService .

That is, to an SSL service especially, not the same.
The SSL Certificate will be issued to ``hostname'' and that is not the
same as localhost, so it won't work, it won't be verifiable
Even locally, you'll have to check against ``hostname'' -- in the worst
case you'll have to edit your hosts file.

> The webservice url is not accessible through localhost from the same
> box.
>
> I have attached my httpd.conf and mod_jk.conf-cns files.

No you haven't. You have attatched a RAR file.

Here's a great advise up-front:
i.galic@prvix ~ % alias uncomment
uncomment='sed "/^\s*#/d;/^\s*$/d"'
i.galic@prvix ~ %

This will greatly help you to ``optimize'' your configuration, making
it smaller thus guaranteeing that people will actually look at it and
see something from it -- you included.
Next, you're loading *ALL* modules. You probably don't need *ALL*.

mod_jk.conf-cns defines <VirtualHost localhost:*>

If anything in that config works out, this is the one that would catch your
request from above.

All in all, this configuration is greatly confusing. Needlessly so.
If you do not rely on any special features of mod_jk, I would advise
the use of mod_proxy_ajp in httpd 2.2

> Any pointers or tutorials on configuration would be hihgly useful.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Anisha

So long,
--