UTF-8 strings through ap_log_cerror

Hi list members,

see here http://marc.info/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=127242179232546&w=2

I am the original poster of this issue, unfortunally so far I have no answers to my problem and maybe you can give me some clues

I think this issue is not only related to the logs apache is creating "in ssl_engine_kernel.c" but must be in another place as well, i say this because the mod_authz_ldap is using the incorreclty values (with '\x') to query the ldap directory.
So IMHO it needs fixing somewere else too.....

I need somebody to confirm this because if it is the case I need to find other way to check the certificates
If not, so how do I am suposed to use the correct values on the other modules?
and lastly: should a BUG be filed for this?

Thank you a lot
Luis

just for context, heres my first post on this problem:

I am trying to match the values coming from apache/mod_ssl/mod_authz_ldap against some fields (subjectDN and issuerDN) in an Openldap directory
the problem is that Apache is receiving certificate data that contains UTF8 encoded chars

That chars are being incorrectly encoded with '\x' characters (deprecated source code? bug?) and this is making the effect of mod_authz_ldap failing the query with "bad search filter" error

Here some example data on the ssl_error.log
http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-users@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg60934.html

I need help on solving this, Iam sucked and dont know what to do to put this thing working
Can someboby help me please?

PS: Im using Apache 2.2.3 on a Centos 5.4, against openldap