Re: Alias, Virtual Host and 500 Internal Server Error

On 4/22/10 1:29 PM, Wang, Mary Y wrote:
Apache/1.3.27 ............"

Apache doesn't typically misrepresent itself. I'd look into this first. Trace the IPs and the domain and make absolutely sure your domain is pointing the right server.

You can also go to the machine (host) and do something like: ps -aux | grep apache or ps -aux | grep httpd to see what servers are running. You may be running separate instances of Apache and one of them is in fact Apache 1.x. This would explain both the error and the peculiar misrepresentation about the version of Apache. I'm betting you missed an IP directive in DNS or perhaps a config in Apache. But, I'd start with the erroneous Apache pronouncement. Find out why that's happening first.

--

Jason A. Nunnelley
+1 2562971652

http://www.google.com/profiles/imjasonn