Re: Reverse Proxy https to http

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:41 PM, GB GB <gbcyoyo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> #this for some reason becomes http from client perspective
> #PreserveHost on does not work with lsw, so I disabled it....
> RewriteRule       ^/lsw(.*)$    http://backend2.ca:8082/lsw$1     [NC,P,L]
> ProxyPassReverse  /lsw          http://backend2.ca:8082/lsw
> Redirect permanent /lsw https://mydomain.com/lsw

First of all: Remove the "Redirect Permanent". It's not needed (as
this virtualhost only gets https requests anyway) and confuses. If you
want to make sure that people who accidentaly land on the http site
get redirected to https you need to put a redirect in the http virtual
host.

Secondly: Look at what your backend produces. It is very well possible
that it passes html pages back to the client that contain http://
style URLs. RewriteRule only operates on request URLs,
ProxyPassReverse only on redirects passed back. The content passed
back by the backend is not modified.

HTH,

Krist

--