Re: RewriteRule with [P] Flag

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:10 AM,  <achristiansen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A request to https://inthewild.org gets forwarded all right to
> http://localhost:9090/index.jsp. The server on localhost:9090
> itself does a http 302 (redirect) to
> http://localhost:9090/setup/login.jsp and returns that to
> the browser.
>
> The browser ends up with a not working URL:
> http://localhost:9090/setup/login.jsp
>
> I would like getting back URL's like this one:
> https://inthewild.org/setup/login.jsp
>
> Please point me to the right direction.

What you need to do is look at the configuration of whatever it is you
use on port 9090. You must configure that piece of software to issue
redirects that use the right hostname. Often there is a "base url" or
"base hostname" or something similar that you can set in your config.
When running an application server behing a reverse proxy (a very
common scenario) you should configure the application server as if it
was running without a reverse proxy, as if it was the front end
server. If you can't do that there are workarounds in volving
proxypassrevers or even mod_proxy_html, but these are complicated. Try
solving the problem at the source first.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx
krist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx