mod_proxy - disablereuse

Dears,

I experienced some problems with mod_proxy when the backend server is restarted.
This may be due to the reuse of invalid connections, hence I tried not to reuse them by using disablereuse option:

ProxyPass / http://195.238.10.70/ disablereuse=on

netstat command shows that connections are not reused (one connection per request) however it seems that the connections are not cleaned up immediately and stay for a while in TIME_WAIT
I assume we could reach shortly a threshold on the server on TCP connections.

- Is there an option to immediately close the connection without waiting
- When re-using the connections (disablereuse=off), if the backend server is restarted, it seems to hang. Any parameter controlling this behaviour.

Regards,

P.