RE: apache on windows

From: "Brent Davidson" <brent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 12 March, 2010 21:59
To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [users@httpd] apache on windows

> Can anyone out there tell me if is workable or not to install Apache(most
> current version) on a Windows Web server?
> I am trying to pick up the pieces of a not-so-clean website installation.
>
> (Bear with me please- to say I am green is an understatement. More like not
> sprouted yet!)
>
> Here is what I have:
> Website was built on Linux box using php. Site was moved to Windows Web server
> box with IIS, Mysql, PHP.
> New webdesigner said it did not "work" right, due to transition from Linux to
> Windows.
> They removed Mysql & PHP, turned off IIS, and installed Xampp. (bad idea for
> production)
> Still numerous problems. (They are off the project now.)
>
> Last night I migrated website to virtual server with Standard edition (not
> webserver) of Windows server, with Xampp, and everything seems to work
> correctly.
> I am going to install full versions of Apache, Mysql, and PHP.
> Before I go thru all that, I want to find out, if possible, if it is a
> compatibility issue with webserver version, or just screwed up install due to
> too many hands in cookie jar.
>

> Thanks,
> Brent

Brent,

Try this: http://www.wampserver.com/en/

I use it, and it works great.

Thanks,
Daniel
Thanks, I looked at that one before too.
This is a high use production site, so after we reinstall OS, I am going to install full versions of all 3. I can't find any info on the WAMP site about limitations or security issues like I found on Xampp, but after this last go-round, I am not interested in "lite" or tweaked versions just so it installs easier.
The question here was more in regards to Windows Webserver edition issues, if any. I can't seem to find any online, so I am surmising it is just a corrupt install at this point.

Brent