Re: inter module communication

Hi Edgar,

I am trying to call a function from all modules into one module,
for example if i have the following modules,
A,B,C,D. and X

I want to be able to call a function in module X from A,B,C, and D.
your thoughts?

hash

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:13 AM, Edgar Frank <ef-lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
10/03/10 hashim qaderi
>Is there an example of how to communicate between apache modules?
>Any help would be appreciated.

Hi.

The easy way is, communication via request_rec->notes. You have
to pay attention to the module/hook excution order, but you have
to do this anyway for your module to function properly.

Another way are request environment variables.

Or you could use optional functions, but that depends heavily
on what you are trying to achieve. Maybe with a litte more
detail, we could help you out better.

Regards,
Edgar