Re: rewrite rule

http://server4/perl.pl?n=1  to http://server1/perl.pl?n=1

You can't test it on the localhost since you are redirecting some page to itself  => infinite loop

Try redirecting to some imaginary domain or google.com

    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING}  ^(n=[0-9]+)$
    RewriteRule ^/perl.pl$ http://google.com/perl.pl?%1 [R,L]

and if the browser gets back the googles 404 page not found and your address bar looks like "http://www.google.com/perl.pl?n=1" => your rule is good

Igor

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Nilesh Govindarajan <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Richard Schoenig
<Richard_Schoenig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am new to using mod_rewrite and have been trying to create a rule to do
> something rather simple, but keep hitting a wall.  I have been trying to
> research online how to do it, but I keep finding global changes and not
> specific to what I am trying to do.  Essentially I am looking to use a
> rewrite rule to redirect users in an application from
>

> http://server4/perl.pl?n=1  to http://server1/perl.pl?n=1
>

> I tried using
>
> RewriteEngine on
>
> Options +FollowSymlinks
>
> RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING}  ^n=1$
>
> RewriteRule ^$ http://127.0.0.1/ perl.pl [L]
>
> RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING}  ^n=2$
>
> RewriteRule ^$ http://127.0.0.1/ perl.pl [L]
>
> RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING}  ^n=3$
>
> RewriteRule ^$ http://mypcname/perl.pl [L]
>

> To test on my local host but I am guessing that it is not even close to what
> I want to do.
>

> The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
> It is intended solely for the addressee. Access or use by any other person
> to this internet email is not authorized and may be unlawful. If you are not
> the intended recipient, please delete or destroy this email. If you do not
> wish to receive future emails from this sender, please reply directly to
> this email requesting you be removed from any mailing list.

You want to redirect or rewrite ?

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator