Re: mpm_worker and mod_ssl: requirements to OpenSSL

> 10/03/09 Nilesh Govindarajan
>On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Edgar Frank <ef-lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> My question is - will I need a threadsafe build of OpenSSL to
>> have mod_ssl function correctly? I couldn't find this documented.
>
>Ummm.. I don't think so. I compiled httpd with
>openssl-devel-1.0.0-0.13.beta4.fc12.i686
>
>I am unsure if that Fedora rpm is thread safe or not.

You can check it with openssl version -a. If you see your platform specific
threadsafety macros, it is obviously threadsafe.
Besideds, you can check the opensslconf.h in the openssl include dir
and look if it has the OPENSSL_THREADS macro.

I wonder why I see no such checks for this macro in mod_ssl.

As the documentation says, OpenSSL should be threadsafe on
most platforms out of the box. But at least the RPM in OpenPKG has
it disabled by default and I'm experiencing some spurious SSL errors.

Regards,
Edgar