Re: Load balancing issue.

On 8 March 2010 22:24, afrodom <erakovic.boban@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, I am hew to Apache HTTP, so I have one problem to conceive.
> May I somehow (is it possible) to use Apache server to redirect a request to
> appropriate application server (like JBoss), based on some information
> carried in the request? And if I can perform that thing, do I need an apache
> restart, if I add another (some new) instance of JBoss server, to what some
> requests, also based on some information embedded in the HttpRequest, should
> be delivered?

There's tons of information about this on the JBoss wiki. Most people
use either mod_jk, mod_proxy or mod_cluster. I think mod_cluster is
the only option which will allow you to dynamically configure new
members of the load-balanced pool which you seem to suggest is a
requirement. The following pages have lots of information on all
options, with links to even more:-

http://community.jboss.org/wiki/UsingModproxyWithJBoss

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html

http://www.jboss.org/mod_cluster

Note that mod_cluster has it's own separate mailing list.

-- Phil.