Re: can .htaccess make url better ?

On Mar 8, 2010, at 4:15 AM, J. Bakshi wrote:

Hello list,

the click enlarge facility of an image gallery generates the links in a
very ugly manner, like

````````````````
http://192.168.1.1/reifenqualitaet/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads/tx_reifenqualitaetimage/image-227X227_02.jpg&bodyTag=<body>&wrap=%20|%20&md5=9021563e8e2c9efadb629ddd197f22bf

Is it somehow possible to generate the link little nicer by the help of
.htaccess ?

It is possible, using mod_rewrite, to make most URLs look different. One person's notion of nice may be different from another. I would, however, recommend that you ask this question of users of this particular image gallery software, as they very likely have a standard way of doing what you're trying to do.

Failing that, I would suggest that you look at the mod_rewrite docs (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/rewrite/ and http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Rewrite) and see if there's something there that does what you need.

Also, note that .htaccess files are merely one of the places that you can put configuration directives. When possible, you should try to put directives in the server configuration file rather than in .htaccess files.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@xxxxxxxxxx