Re: SSL mutual authentication client certificate creation using Keytool

Could anyone please advice with this ?

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Arunkumar Janarthanan <arunkumar.webadmin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

I have an application connecting to the secure Apache URL, I have generated OpenSSL certificates and used it as CA and servercert, also generated client certificate using hte below documentation.

http://www.impetus.us/~rjmooney/projects/misc/clientcertauth.html

However my client application ( another Java application) will connect to this Apache instance needs a client certificate for authentication. Now that I can use Keytool and import the Apache's client certificate and create a Keystore.

However how to proceed further, how my Apache will understand the client's certificates and allow the client app to connect and process the requests ?

Please advice.

Arun J