Re: Cannot upload files from Firefox 2.0 to Apache HTTP proxy server

Hi, thanks, I'll try to answer the questions.
Yes we have sniffed before and after the proxy. We can't exactly determine if it reaches the proxy as it is over SSL and thus encrypted but using e.g. HTTP Debugger shows me it is leaving the browser.
We can upload the file directly to the application server (not over SSL).
I haven't seen anything in the error logs. One thing I need to check is whether it is a particular file type (e.g. Excel) or whether all files get dumped if sent from Firefox.
thanks, Baljeet.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 5:34 AM, Krist van Besien <krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Baljeet Nijjhar
<baljeet.nijjhar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
> I have tried to upload a Microsoft Excel file to my application server from
> Firefox 2.0. The HTTP request goes over SSL to Oracle Apache 2 HTTP server
> which is configured to act as a proxy server before passing the request to
> my application server.
> Packet sniffing indicates that the file contents are being sent from the
> browser, but mysteriously getting 'lost' by the time they reach the
> application server. i.e. the form fields relating to the file upload are no
> longer present.

You have sniffed the network both before and after the proxy right?
Have you looked for anything in your error files?

> Are there any diagnostics I can perform or configuration I can check for the
> proxy server as to why this is happening?

This should not be happening however...

> File uploads work fine with Internet Explorer 6. There are some minor
> differences in the way HTTP requests get encoded for the two browsers, such
> as the filename or content-type.

This could ofcourse be a case of your application server not being
http/html complient. As Internet Explorer is less picky that could
explain things.

What happens if you do the test directly to the application server,
bypassing the proxy?

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx