Force caching of responses with no explicit expiry date, where the request contains a query string

This seems to be something that's been around for a while, but I
haven't been able to find anything conclusive saying that it's
supposed to work this way:

I'm using Apache 2.2 as a forward proxy, aiming to cache all responses.

I've set CacheDefaultExpire to 86400 (1 day), so any requests that
don't have explicit expiry dates should still be cached.

In the logs, I'm still seeing the message.
"not cached. Reason: Query string present but no explicit expiration time"

It seems that if there's a query string in the request, the default
expiry date isn't applied, so the response isn't cached.

Is there a way to force responses that have no explicit expiry date to
be cached, even where the request contains a query string?

alf

Related:
http://markmail.org/thread/sxxi27pqbce33hlu ("mod_cache:
CacheDefaultExpire is ignored?")