Re: Performance drop on Solaris 10U8 intel platfom

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Luc Bastiaenssen
<luc.bastiaenssen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since our last upgrade to Solaris 10U8 on a Sun Fire X4200(2 cores, 8GB
> memory) and Sun Fire X4450 (16 cores, 36GB memory), we notice
> a serious apache  performance drop.
> Especially when you disable the keepalive directive, web pages seems to hang
> for a moment before completing.
> The following tests show that it might be related to the combination of
> Solaris 10 U 8, Apache APR
> and the Intel e1000g Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.
> When we inject an extra layer based on NCA into the network stack, the
> problem is gone.

no good ideas here, but as nobody else had one either I'll throw these in:

* contact Solaris support :)

* see if it is related to the EnableSendfile setting (NCA has some
relationship to the sendfilev API, but I don't know the details)
** if EnableSendfile is currently on, you could see if turning it off
results in the same performance before and after the upgrade (whether
or not that is similar to any of the results with EnableSendfile on)