Re: Can I have 2 httpd servers running on 2 different ports?

Did you miss out on the <VirtualHost *> file?? With this, you only need one server to serve all of those hosts. They all will have same port numbers and you don't have to play with the PID file. I've been serving multiple hosts for years.

- Paul

Tommy M. McGuire wrote:
Yes, you can[1]; you'll need to use different port numbers (or limit them to
different IP addresses) and there is a PID file (or lock file, I cannot
remember at the moment) that has to be different. The only changes you need
are in the configuration and startup scripts.

[1] We have an OpenSSO policy agent in one server and a separate server for
the stuff that actually has to work.

Aruna Gummalla wrote:
Hi,

Can I have 2 httpd servers running on 2 different ports? If so, what is
the configuration change that i need to do.

I tried running apachectl start with different port numbers in
httpd.conf. But it says httpd already running.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Aruna.