RE: How do I pick up correct version of SSL

Sorry for the confusion Igor and thanks to both of u.

Using configure, I set the path to openssl 0.9.8k that I built in a separate directory before rebuild of apaci
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-modules=most --enable-mods-shared=all --disable-authz-default --disable-dav --enable-proxy --enable-ssl --with-ssl=${BUILDIR}/../openssl-0.9.8k --with-mpm=worker --enable-so --enable-rewrite --enable-log-config --with-included-apr

However, checking the maps file, it uses /lib/libssl.so.0.9.6b.

In the other hand, it seems that shared lib of of 0.9.8k is not generated as part of openssl built. Moreover, due to redhat limitation the version installed by the OS can not be overwritten.

Do I have to set an option to set another path for installation of openssl not to overwrite the OS version?
How can I get the .so file as output of the openssl build?

Once done, I suppose that I should add the path of the newly build openssl so file in LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Now, I understand the "Enjoy" of Sander... ;-)