Re: How to collect host specif error log and how to see those from web interface ?

> Actually I am interested to break the error log too with vlogger. But it
> seems there is no option to do that.

Works the same way as the access log. I don't know much about vlogger specifically, but it appears that it accepts log entries over stdin.

In your vhost config:

ErrorLog "| /path/to/vlogger -s error.log /path/to/logs"

Or something along those lines.

> Regarding error log contents, I do
> have shell access, but it would be nice to provide a web interface so
> that the developer can see the errors at least.

I don't know of one specifically, though it wouldn't be difficult to create such an interface (by watching log files or receiving entries directly as described above, and then pushing them to the user with AJAX or something).

Of course, having your developers do development locally (where they have access to the error log) and then pushing working versions to the production server is probably not a bad idea, and would minimize the amount of access they need to production logs.

--
Jeremy R.
Owner, NovaWave Solutions