Re: Compiling apache with sqllite, um, support?

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:06:34 -0800
Mark Jones <markandconnie.jones@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> -What does it mean that configure found these files?  Do I say I compiled
> apache "with sqllite3 support"?

Looks like it, and that's probably as much as you need to know.
But since you ask ...

It's actually APR that has (or lacks) sqlite support.  If you build
apache with an existing APR installation, as is likely on most modern
systems, then nothing you do in the apache build makes any difference
to sqlite support.  If you compile the two together, then your configure
options matter.

The ideal way to build APR is with sqllite (and other big dependencies
such as other database drivers) as dynamically loadable modules, so
that APR loads them if and only if you're using them.  Your distro
may already do this on your behalf.

Anyway, if you want to investigate further, build your own APR
and APR-UTIL.

--
Nick Kew