Re: Apache Server status page shows uneven number of requests across load balanced web servers

On 01/27/2010 08:06 PM, Arunkumar Janarthanan wrote:
Hello All,

We have apache servers running on RedHat Linux physical servers, all 4
servers are balanced by Citrix Netscaler 8.1 load balancer with round
robin weight load sharing algorithm.

However when I check the server status page to find the number of
requests are served by each Apache server is showing uneven load /
number of requests being processed by each Apache.

I notice the load always getting processed by two specific Apache
instances, here are the configuration details.

Attached here the server status screen shot page of all 4 web servers.

[root@web bin]# ./apachectl -version

Server version: Apache/2.2.6 (Unix)

Server built: Sep 26 2007 11:18:50

[root@web bin]#

Operating System:

Linux Host1 2.4.21-53.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Nov 14 03:54:12 EST 2007 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Hardware configuration are same for all 4 physical Linux servers.

Please advice.

Best Regards,

Arun J

You're at the wrong place my friend. This is not a Citrix Netscaler Support list. Check with them. Its rare you'll get any help here.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Adminstrator