Re: "Perfect" Transparent Proxy Setup?

On 18.01.10 13:10, Brian Kim wrote:
> I am thinking a proxy system like a magic box. Let's say that we have
> a gateway where an interface 0 is for internal network and an
> interface 1 is for outsite.
>
> In front of the gateway, I would like to install my proxy system with
> two interface cards(interface 3 and interface 4) and to make users to
> access other webs without any browser configuration to my proxy.

I strongly recommend you to use WPAD so the browsers would know they use
proxy. They can use authentication in such case and there are some problems
running intercepting proxy.

However this discussion is outside this list's business.
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/