HTTPD Authentication Questions

Hello,

I'm currently trying to apply apache httpd authentication to a tomcat web
application.  The user authenticates on the apache side and then has a link
within the apache server perl application that sends them over to the tomcat
application (reportsvcs_ws) via mod_jk.  If the user tries to jump to the
tomcat application without first authenticating they're prompted and
successfully directed to the tomcat app if they supply the correct
credentials.  The problem I'm seeing is once in the tomcat application (post
initial auth), the application envokes some web service calls against the
reportsvcs_ws tomcat application and the response is a 401 (auth needed)
error.  So It looks like the fact that the reportsvcs_ws resource is already
authorized isn't persisted on the tomcat side.  Any ideas on how to
troubleshoot or fix this?  My httpd config is below....

<Location "/reportsvcs_ws">

   Order allow,deny

    Allow from all

    AuthType Basic