Re: Mod_Rewrite voodoo

On 09-Jan-10 14:29, Eric Covener wrote:

I tried:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} subdomain\.domain\.ext
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/20\d+
RewriteRule (.*)(0[5-9]).html$ /20$2/$1$2.html [R=301,L]

For http://subdomain.domain.ext/fileDDMMYY.ext there was no effect,
that file loaded at that URL.

I think that condition needs negating, because you want your rule to
not have a chance to execute against the rewritten URL that will have
the leading date.

Which condition needs negating? The one with HTTP_HOST? What
then would keep this rewrite rule from breaking external links
where they also contain a matching NN.html string?

Or did you mean, remove the files we planned removing and then
do testing? It's live files, so the client won't remove them
until after the rewrite rule has been proven to work.

If I specified http://subdomain.domain.ext/2009/fileDDMM09.ext
(the file does exist and is the target of the redirect), then I
received a looping error.

So I tried swapping the positions of the two RewriteCond statements.
That caused an internal server error.

Should not matter.

And yet, it did. No effect one way, internal server error the other.
It's Apache v2.2.8 running on CentOS v4. something, 4.6 I think.

Why aren't you working on a test system?

Because I'm not a full-time employee and it isn't cost-effective to
duplicate their system for this one rewrite rule. As I said, it worked
as desired in the sandbox subdirectory, it isn't working when tested
on the live subdomain.

Reese