Re: Getting HTTP Headers from CGI program

Scott Gifford wrote:
André Warnier <aw@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Tushar Joshi wrote:
Hi thanks for the reply. I'm writing my applications in C so would
have thought there might be a low level way of doing this.

[...]

But, in general, if this is a CGI program, then it is running as a
separate process from Apache itself, and it does not have access to
Apache internals.
What your program gets is the CGI environment as set up by Apache, but
you do not get all the HTTP request headers that way (only some are
"translated" by Apache as environment variables for your CGI
program).

It would be fairly straightforward to copy additional information from
Apache to the environment with a little bit of mod_perl or a simple
module, to make it available to CGI scripts.

Allright, how ?  We're all ears.
If the OP does not use mod_perl right now, and this being the day which it is, I cannot for myself think of a quickie solution for the next 24 hours or so...
 ;-)
Happy New Year.