Re: mod_proxy auth from PHP?

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Perl Whore <whoreperl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ah, thanks. This is a good idea. I didn't know about mod_auth_memcookie.
>
> Yes, it'll be great if you share your configuration so I can have a
> better understanding.

The following is what my configuration sort of looks like (very
similar to the example that ships with the module). Ensure that you
put login.php in a directory that is accessible outside your protected
area.

In case of reverse proxies you can do this by

ProxyPass /url !

Needless to say you will need memcached and memcache support in PHP.

 <Location />

 Auth_memCookie_CookieName myauthcookie
 Auth_memCookie_Memcached_AddrPort 127.0.0.1:11000

 # to redirect unauthorized user to the login page
 ErrorDocument 401 "/gestionuser/login.php"

 # to specify if the module are autoritative in this directory
 Auth_memCookie_Authoritative on
 # must be set without that the refuse authentification
 AuthType Cookie
 # must be set (apache mandatory) but not used by the module
 AuthName "My Login"

 </Location>

--
"The secret impresses no-one, the trick you use it for is everything"
- Alfred Borden (The Prestiege)