Re: Apache intermittent crash - HELP!!!

yes, before we disable any PHP module, we want to be careful to only do it only if necessary since it under production

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Justin Pasher <justinp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
gary lim wrote:
Hu justin,

1. Because its a production site, we are unable to disable the PHP modules/script......From the log output below, we are having difficulty to pinpoint the source of error. I just spent the last couple of hours to run through the pages and see if the log shows up any systematic error...unfortunately, wasn't able to replicate the source of problem causing the glibc issue. Not sure if this only happen during high loading....

I knew you would say that, but that doesn't change what I suggested. It's like the situation where someone has suspected flaky hardware (e.g. bad RAM), but they can't reboot the server to run memtest86 because it's production. It won't get you any closer to a solution when you can't test all possible avenues, especially when it's very difficult to even replicate the issue consistently.

--

Justin Pasher