Re: Re: Enabling SSL on VirtualHosts Revisited

OK, so I added NameVirtualHost foo.mysite.com:80 and NameVirtualHost foo.mysite.com:443 above their respective sections and it seems to work despite not being recommended as per the docs, but this was the only way to do it because all my domains: mysite.com, othersite.com, etc point to a single IP.

Any idea on why using hostnames in NameVirtualHost directives is not recommended?  Is this something that could come back and bite me?

Thanks for the help!